A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

2 posters

Scrapping Prof

PolarBear
    PolarBear

Scrapping Prof Empty Scrapping Prof

Post by PolarBear Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:25 am

Custom Profession
    Marine Scout: As a marine scout the practitioner is adept in using their senses to scout ahead. Their eyes are trained on looking farther than normal. They also have tracking capabilities in that they notice tracks left by others easier than others as par their training in scouting locations out. As part of scouting they’re also accustom to using scouting tools such as a shovel, binoculars, and a machete for cutting terrain. Being a primary scout allows you to use your scouting tools proficiently enough as weapons. Additionally, primary scouts are trained in botany and can use plants for various reasons.

Traits:

Scouting Eyes: Trained eyes that can see farther than others not trained in the art of scouting. (1 trait)

Tracker: Able to track the movements of an animal or another person in terrain. (1 trait)

Herbalist: Able to Discern from poisonous and healthy vegetation which can be used for ointments or weak poisons. (2 traits) <requires primary profession>

Last edited by PolarBear on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Scrapping Prof Empty Re: Scrapping Prof

Post by Sen Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm

The botany part seems to be out of left field. Traits emulate the professional bonuses of other primary professions as would be the case with the Herbalist trait are also not widely accepted (since there'd be no reason to go for it in the first place, given that 2 professional traits are generally cheaper than advancing into a primary for 50 SD and taking say, Jack of All Trades as well).

Getting proficiency with scouting tools as part of the primary is a good direction, though I feel it seems a bit limited given there aren't that many things that I'd call scouting-based weapons besides maybe axes, torches, machetes and I dunno spears, maybe?

Also, those first two traits don't really tell me much in terms of their usage within the system, are they like super sense techniques or would they be part of the tracking techniques that you pitched earlier?
    PolarBear
    PolarBear

Post by PolarBear Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 am

I'm scrapping this one, was half-assed from the start. :3
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:38 pm

[font=century gothic]Understood. Therefore shall be topic is now closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm