A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

3 posters

Back alley doctor

Fishsticks
    Fishsticks

Back alley doctor Empty Back alley doctor

Post by Fishsticks Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 am

"So, it's free?" a bandaged pirate asked Kuluja, as she finished wrapping her bandages around him. They were at one of the alleys in the town, behind a bar, the place she had taken to practice medicine at for now, outside of the view of Marines.

"Well, I'd appreciate a small tip." she chuckled. "Or later, if you'd like. I have to eat too you know, heh."

"Ah, alright." he replied, to then pull out a handful of Beli from his pocket, to then count the amount, and hand over a few. “Would this do?”

It was so little. It would do for a plate of supper, though.

“Well… Yeah. I guess.” she replied, disappointed. She wasn’t much of a haggler, she had never needed to until now. Back when she was a priestess, life seemed so much easier. She didn’t have to scratch so desperately for food and money like she did now, however, the tradeoff seemed worth it. Understanding the truth of the world, that it wasn’t how her cult had portrayed it.

But enlightenment like that won’t fill her belly.

“Maybe a bit more?” she suggested.

“I, uh, I really gotta go!” the pirate then said, not wanting to stay more time and get caught in further conversation about this, and started to make his way out of there. Lulu sighed, and she started to tuck her medical supplies back into her pocketed belt, and she made her way to the bar she was next to, so that she could buy herself something to eat with the money she had just made.
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Back alley doctor Empty Re: Back alley doctor

Post by Dunn Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:39 am

"Well thats all you get" the boorish fat man replied handing Enjolras a very small pile of coins. They had previously agreed on a 20% take on the tavern take for the night in exchange to providing the nights entertainment. Enjolras looked down at his hand skeptical. Then back at the man "This is not the agreed upon amount just off cover charges it should be 4 time this amount" shaking the hand to spread out the coins. "This will barely cover dinner I demand what i was promised" he said slamming his hand on the bar and reaching for his pistol. He then felt a hand on his shoulder and as he turned to look she saw a large gorilla shaped individual that had been acing as the bouncer.

In the mans other hand was a cudgel "I would not be doin' dat i wuzzes yous" . Enjolras tried to spin to break the grip but it remained firm "Nah you disrespectificated the bossman. I got to teach you a lesson" He sighed and despite knowing he should keep his mouth shut a smart remark leaked out "Your not the most literate of folk are you? maybe pick up a book sometime instead of another flagon of ale. Might be good for your middle"

Enjolras woke up in the alley outside and tried to open his eyes. The left was swollen shut and he could feel a bruise forming on his well everything else. Felt him pocket and found the pile of coins in it well at least they were decent enough to still give him what little pay they did. He groan load enough to be heard from the street in pain and tried to stand up.

...It did not go well.
    Fishsticks
    Fishsticks

Post by Fishsticks Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:03 am

Kuluja, as she made her way out towards the bar, suddenly heard someone groan - it was a man, but it wasn't the same as the one she had just tended to. It was someone else. Wide-eyed, she turned around to see who it was, finding an injured Enjolras.

"Huah! Are you alright?" she blurted out, to immediately start to pull out leaves from her belt pockets, as she quickly identified the type of injury that he had on his face, as well as what she would need to treat it (although she should probably rely less on these leaves all the time, she sort of always used them for everything).

Gently, she started to apply them to the man. She knew that she might be being too generous here, but most of all, she was interested in making good contacts first so she wasn't concerned about payment, and this man was probably here because this was the place she always treated people, she thought. Pirates, "fortunately", tended to get injured pretty often due to their constant fighting, so making ties of mutual trust with people was important for her, so that she could try to get a little bit of regular income for food and such through them.

"How are you feeling?" she then asked the stranger, as she then started to gently rub the healing leaves into his swollen eye. "How did this happen?"

"Oh!" the girl would then interrupt herself. "I'm Kuluja by the way, heh. Did someone refer you to me? Who was it?"
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:24 pm

As he tried and failed to stand a second time an odd woman with a harp on her head came rushing around the corner and started to rub leaves on Enjolras and fussing over his wounds. She started rapidly asking him questions but between the oddness of the situation and the potential injuries to his head he was having difficulty finding responses. so all that came out was a long  "UUUUUUUUUUUUgh did anyone get the license plate of that man shaped truck." he tried to laugh and it came out as a cough "add a few broken ribs to your diagnosis doc that guy really did a number on me."

His pain started to recede ever so slightly and now finally not blinded by pain he could get a good look at the girl who had introduced her self as Kuluja. She was quiet the looker with the dark hair and the oddly skimpy dress for a doctor and the small wing. Wait what En thought to himself those are wings the must be cosmetic no way a real skypian would be in some dark alley in this shit hole of a town. Enjolras himself would be leaving as soon as he got the money to supply the Bowe for a voyage to the next island.

He started to feel faint again and turned to the woman and motioned her to come closer and mumbled in her ear "this town sucks" then passed out again.
    Fishsticks
    Fishsticks

Post by Fishsticks Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:22 pm

"What?" she chuckled, as he spouted nonsense, with her brows furrowing. What he was saying was funny, but it might've been due to some head injury that he had gotten, which was quite concerning. "And ribs? Got it. I'll check them now." she added.

Then, she noticed him pass out. She sighed, she was quite used to this happening actually, given how badly beaten up pirates could become to be. She carefully tried to settle him down onto the street floor as an improvised bed, for her to then undo his shirt and look at his ribs, for her to then set them back into place with her hands with practiced movements, for her to then stab his skin above the ribs with a special thorn which had a natural healing agent in it which would help his broken bones fuse back together. Then, she put more of her usual leaves onto his body, to then pull up a small crate to sit on and wait. She couldn't just leave him here, but the healing process would take a bit to kick in. Hopefully he would alright once he was conscious again.
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:56 pm

When Enjolras finally came too sometime later, he he was lying on the alley floor what felt like his shirt open odd leaves covering his bruises and weird thorns sticking into the side of his rib cage. To his surprise nothing hurt it was as if he had not had his used for batting practice. He slowly opened his eyes and looked over to see the doctor sitting on a box looking down at him.

"Thats some quality work Dr. Kuluja, and excellent bed side manner. Ten out of ten would almost get deaded again" Enjolras said as he started to get up holding himself up on his shoulders and gave her a thumbs up then he kicked his feet downward and launch himself into a standing position.

Dusting himself off and checking the coat for alley grime he continued to speak to the woman. "Thanks so much, some meathead tired to use my head to test the durability of his club, when i questioned his boss about stiffing me on my pay." He turned and offered his hand "Enjolras Reobespierre is my name, now how can i go about repaying this favor I am a bit lacking in coin, but a Robespierre always pays his debts." Enjolras smirked and stage whispered "... unless they are a schmuck then screw um"
    Fishsticks
    Fishsticks

Post by Fishsticks Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 am

"Oh, heh." she replied, a bit surprised by what he said all of a sudden as he woke up. "I see, I see."

Then she shook his hand as he offered it, and then chuckled softly as he mentioned that he didn't have pay. That wasn't... the most convenient thing, given how she was so in need of money herself too, but maybe she could make the most of it.

"How about this." she then mentioned. "I'll keep you good shape like this, but you stick around to help me dodge the Marines and stuff. I'm guessing you're trying to avoid them too? We could help each other out like that, with you keeping watch for them."

She had assumed that he was a pirate after all, given how he looked and that he was here in bad shape, right here in the alley where she tended injured pirates. Also, given how he looked to be beaten up, she got the idea that he wasn't much of a fighter either. And neither was she, so the best would be to try to figure out ways to just avoid problems instead of beating them, for now.

"Anyways..." she continued. "I'm going to get some food from the bar over there. They're real cheap. You can come with if you'd like."

She didn't want to ask if he was totally pocket-empty, but this was a more polite and indirect way for her to figure out if he's got at least something to his name to survive with.
    Dunn
    Dunn
    Let's Be Gods

Let's Be Gods

Post by Dunn Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Kuluja understanding the lack of coin was a good thing and offering to keep him up and running while they stuck together was an great idea. Both were low on resource and allies and perhaps together they could get a little more of both a doctor was always useful and Enjolras has a ship so that had to be worth something. Yes all around this would be a good deal. Enjolras nodded and said "Deal!. I am not much of a fighter myself but I can bolster my allies with song. I have as well it nothing special but it can at least get from place to place." really thinking out loud more then anything else he continued "i guess we could use that to escape the marines if the heat get too hot. If two of us we can raise fund so much quicker"

She proceeded to walk toward the tavern that Enjolras has been thrown out of and suggested he come in with her. Enjolras responded by sticking his hand in his pocket and jiggling the coin to a mildly loud tickling noise. "Nah that places bouncer and i had a disagreement that lead to my time in this alley. You see the barkeep keeps his prices down by stiffing the workers then getting his gorilla of a bouncer to bounce anyone who questions it head against the bar." He then stopped in his tracks and turned "hey you skypian folk have that weather magic stuff right? we could go into his bar and have some fun with that. Come on my treat." Enjolras then ran ahead.
    Sen
    Sen
    The Black Reaper
    The Black Reaper

Post by Sen Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Aww... just as the storyline was getting interesting. This thread will now be locked and graded. Fishsticks is no longer active (due to voluntary reasons).  

Dunn

SD: 1
    Beri: Currency 3,000

Fishsticks

SD: 1
    Beri: Currency 3,000

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:39 am