A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

3 posters

Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo

Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo Empty Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Ace Fresca Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 am

The Organ Islands, a cluster of neat little islands and the current location of rookie bounty hunter Monty Fresco, Jr., known now by the name Fresh. He had arrived only an hour ago and was currently ten minutes into watching a pair of street performers reenact a "mighty duel" between two long dead pirates. Their budget was rather low – using brooms as their weapons and what must have been paste made from some sort of fruit or vegetable as makeup – but they were admittedly being rather entertaining. Fresh was far from the only person spectating, as the duo had accrued a rather large crowd around their shenanigans.

"Youuuuu are my greatest rival! I cannot let you get the treasure before I doooo!!"
    "Oh yeah?! You are also my greatest rival! But I will get the treasure first!!"

The two smacked their brooms together in increasingly exaggerated movements, whooping and hollering every time their custodial instruments clashed. Their antics were getting a roar of laughter and cheers from spectators. Fresh was certainly amused, but by his rather stoic nature not enough to let out as much as a smile.  

This had all been rather distracting from his purpose for being here, however. "Hold on..." He said to himself, taking a step backwards from the crowd with his arms crossed. "I came to this town in order to accomplish something specific." He scratched his chin and tried with little success to recall why he had come here. He was specifically in Orange Town, which was a rather lively and bustling place. His lack of memory was odd and rather out of character. After all, it wasn't every day that he actually went to a specific island for a specific task. How was he forgetting what he was supposed to be doing?

"I should probably go somewhere more quiet to clear my head, then," he said, thinking aloud. He then began to head down the bustling street in hopes of encountering a place where he could be more alone with his thoughts.
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo Empty Re: Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Kaitos10 Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Billy was sailing around in his marine ship when he got a tip about a potential criminal on organ islands. So he quickly convinces his captain to let him head there since he was already relatively nearby. Once he eventually arrives on the islands he sets off immediately looking for the criminals.

As he looks around he notices a strange large crowd of people, so he goes over to check what's going on and if they know of the criminals. But once he arrived he notices everyone strangely transfixed on the show. So he goes to see what the big deal is, after seeing it he catches himself laughing as he watches the show. Billy questions whether he should be watching a show instead of finding the criminal scum.

Though soon gives in to the allure of the show and eventually forgets what he was doing and just keeps watching the show. As time goes by he just enjoys watching the show as the crowd gets bigger and bigger. Every now and then he wonders if he had something important to do, but the thought is later dismissed and he goes back to watching the show enraptured in its hilarity and nonsense.
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo Empty Re: Billy and Monty II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Ace Fresca Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:53 am

As Fresh began to walk away, he noticed that he was one of few. Most people on the street were currently headed in the direction of the street performing duo. The more steps away from the performance, the more he felt... himself, he supposed. It was something he couldn't really explain because it was rather subtle, but that performance had been so enchanting that he actually felt a little outside of himself for a little bit. He couldn't really say that he liked the feeling. "Perhaps I need to stay clear of theatrical things in the future," he lamented. "They seem to do something strange to me."

Suddenly, coming down the other side of the street, he saw someone he believed he recognized. A young man in a marine outfit with brown hair and brown doe eyes... The young man seemed to be rather fixated on the street performance himself, not even noticing Fresh as he came the other way. But he was positive he had interacted with this person before. Recently, even. "That was... Billy, I believe," he said aloud, confirming his suspicion by vocalizing it. "Yeah, that's right. He could transform into some sort of large lizard." He stopped in his tracks and crossed his arms. "Perhaps I should go say hello to him."

Fresh had met Billy not that long ago in a rather hectic scenario, walking into a restaurant just in time to help him stop a few pirates causing trouble. The least he could do was say hi. With that, Fresh turned around and began to follow Billy... right back to the street performance, which began to draw him in again. Once again he was feeling entertained... why had he come back here? He couldn't really remember.

Then, suddenly, he saw Billy beside him laughing and enjoying himself, and he remembered. Seeing Billy anchored him a bit and brought him back to focus. "Officer? Billy?"
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Billy was completely unaware of fresh’s presence as he was looking around. Though thankfully the young bounty hunter went over to say hello, which partially brought him back to his senses. He then said “ oh hey fresh! How are you! “ though he would constantly feel the show pulling him back. Though he thought it was just entertaining and because of that distracting him and thats why he kept thinking of it. He then says “ lets go somewhere less distracting to talk. “

Billy then leaves the area with fresh, once they were sufficiently far enough away, billy would say “ so how have you been? Did you just stop by to say hello? Or did you want to talk about something?” Billy would then wait to see what his friend? acquaintance? Old partner? Just what would he consider fresh? It was a confusing matter though it isn’t like he had something important to be doing right?

He then thought about that nagging feeling like he had something he came here to do but couldn’t remember what it was. It was a seriously irritating feeling he wondered if it was important or not. Regardless hopefully he would eventually remember what ever it was.

Last edited by Kaitos10 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Post by Ace Fresca Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Billy's response was immediate and positive. The young marined seemed happy to see Fresh, which was rather nice. Fresh couldn't help but notice that Billy's reaction to seeing him seemed sort of like a person being pulled out of a trance. This mental note was quickly forgotten, however, as the two performers began to sing an epic duo ballad! "I have to say..." Fresh paused, allured as they were now dancing along to their singing. "These two are very entertaining." And with that, he was beginning to get lost in the entertainment all over again.

Billy's suggestion to go to a less distracting place so they could chat brought him out of his stupor. "That's probably a good idea," he replied. "I'm having trouble concentrating with everything going on here." He waved his hand around to the crowd and the performers. Fresh let Billy lead the way out of the crowd and to somewhere else. The two carried themselves down the street, and the further Fresh got from the crowd and the performers the more he could resist the urge to stop and watch them some more.

"I've been traveling to various islands around East Blue." He scratched the back of his head nonchalantly. "I can't really say much has happened, though. I haven't fought any pirates since I last saw you." Fresh paused for a moment, trying to recall what he was supposed to be doing here. "I came here for a specific purpose... but I'm having a hard time remembering what it was. I usually don't forget important things." Then, it finally hit him. He was here on the hunt for a specific criminal! "Ah, I finally remembered. I'm here to hunt someone down... but I can't actually remember who they are." Fresh checked the pockets of his pants in case he had a bounty poster shoved somewhere. Unfortunately, he didn't.
    Dread
    Dread

Post by Dread Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Despite everything that's happening on the island, Kouen had just woken up from sleeping in late under the deck of the marine ship, a drowsy feeling overwhelming his blurry vision which got cleared after he rubbed his eyes and reopened them several times. He found himself sleeping against a barrel on the floor in the lower deck, though he couldn't quite remember why... "I guess I was avoiding chores or something." it really didn't matter that much to him. He finally stood up from the ground, stretching his limbs a bit for a few cracks to be audibly heard and as soon as he felt ready, he made his way out on the top deck.

As soon as he came out on the top deck, he noticed the neat little islands clustered next to each other to where they were docked at, with the top deck itself being scarce of marine activity, which led him to guess that they were either refilling for supplies on the island, or took a break. It worked with him either way as it just meant he didn't have to do anything immediately after waking up just a few seconds ago. He looked at the sky and then back down to how alive the day appeared to be, "Shit, it's the afternoon? how long did I sleep for?"

Regardless, he didn't bother changing out of his current marine outfit but it was clearly, visibly somewhat loose as a result of him sleeping down on the ground. He jumped off the ship and landed down on one of the wooden decks, with a nearby observer wide-eyed at the sight. Kouen noticed this, but he didn't seem to care as he just walked by as he started to walk among the lively town.

"East Blue is so weird compared to North Blue... too peaceful." a few citizens gave their greetings and respects to the marine as he walked by, just for him to blatantly ignore them. The one thing that caught his interest finally is a duo that seems to be performing on the street, blocked from view by the circling crowd that surrounds them. He only noticed them at the corner of his eye and already, he felt allured to them which prompted him to move in further and watch the act.

He rubbed his eyes as he tried to snap himself back to reality. "... The hell? I don't like weird shit like this..." despite those words, he couldn't remove his gaze away from the performance, which was so simplistic yet it rewarded a smile out of the cold man's face.
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:42 am

Billy nodded saying “ yes definitely its no surprise the crowd is so big” thankfully Billy was able to tear himself away. As they were leaving he would see another marine there and try to grab him to take him with them also. Though if he resisted  Billy would just shrug and leave him there. Once Billy and Fresh arrived at the destination and were far enough away he heard fresh’s answer to his question.

Billy replied “ it sounds nice and relaxing, “ though when he hears Fresh’s comment about forgetting Billy replies “ i have same problem oddly.” He then heard Fresh’s comment and replied “that sounds familiar to me i think i came here for same reason. “ He then thinks for a bit and says “ I remember getting a tip about someone on this island so came here.”

He then started to ponder trying to think of what could have caused it though eventually he says “something about thieves?” Before finally turning to the other marine assuming he came with them, saying “so why are you here mister? “ wondering if the marine was here for the same reason they were here or if he had a different reason.
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Post by Ace Fresca Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Fresh wasn't sure what to say about Billy's remark that the time he had spent since seeing him last had just been traveling around and doing nothing. Sure, it might have sounded nice and relaxing, but he had kind of been hoping to get up to more bounty hunting business. Before he could ask what Billy had been up to – which he was sure was probably just miscellaneous naval work – Billy made a rather interesting remark. He was also having a bit of memory issues, apparently. "We are both having memory issues, then? Perhaps it isn't a coincidence."

It also seemed that Billy was here for a similar purpose as Fresh. They were both here because they were on the hunt for criminals... yes, thieves. Fresh had just remembered that he was also looking for a pair of thieves. "I am also looking for a pair of thieves... perhaps we are looking for the same individuals." Fresh thought hard, very hard. He knew that he knew their names. And then, suddenly, it came to him. "Maxio and Moritzio... the trickster thieves." They were two common thieves made slightly uncommon by their uncanny ability to cause misdirection. Fresh had heard that they were commonly found around larger towns such as this one, Orange Town. Fresh had decided to take on this bounty because while the two were apparently rather talented at their theatrics and antics, they couldn't put up much of a fight to save their life. If Fresh could simply corner them without any of their tricks, they would be an easy catch.

"Tricksters... theatrics..." Fresh scratched his chin. "Could they be--" Fresh paused as Billy interrupted, asking what this other guy was doing here. In fact, if he had followed them, there was a third among then. Fresh forgoed his train of thought in order to greet the new person as well. "Hello there."
    Dread
    Dread

Post by Dread Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Kouen couldn't shake off this overwhelming feeling of fun the more he stared at the duo playing, just for him to realise it wasn't very often he felt something so sincere and it just instantly rubbed him off the wrong way, pushing off whatever charm they had induced into the serious marine and walked away from the crowd that encircled the duo just messing around. As soon as managed to walk off and go towards a more quieter place, his pace of thinking felt like it returned back to normal and the fun that riled up in his stomach was gone now.

He soon came across the duo who also had the same idea of Kouen, or at least he assumed they did to escape all the cheeriness and happiness going around that crowd to recollect their thoughts, with him giving a light wave to both of them since he recognised one of them wearing the marine uniform, meaning he's most likely from the same ship that he's serving in.

At first, the reason why he visited the island was to really kill time, as the resupply runs tend to take a while or if the marine ship was taking a break, he'd take advantage of it either way but the more clearer his mind became from being at a respectable distance away from that crowd and duo, the more his thoughts started to come together clearly and he could've sworn that he saw those duo's faces before...

"Sorry to interrupt, I just find it better to spend a break with people you think you can trust. You got a marine uniform and I'm assuming you're on the side of marines?" he said to the brown-haired boy in the uniform, then the last part aimed towards the one who isn't in uniform. It's a bit presumptuous of him, but he's basically saying he wouldn't want to be alone when walking around this island, strength in numbers and all that.

He looked back over to the crowd, giving a more serious look and turned back to the duo, "Say... don't those two rub you off the wrong way? I feel like I've seen them somewhere before..." he didn't know whether he remembered them because he might've saw their faces on an advertisement poster or something once, since they are performers or something else entirely...
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Billy would scrutinize those words he had a point, it was very unlikely for them both to be having problems. Billy would automatically assume a devil fruit was in play, since even in his limited experience with them, normally if unusual unexplained  experiences were happening it was a devil fruit. Then billy would say to fresh “your right, i think it isn’t, it could be they have a devil fruit. “

Just the  as he was thinking he would hear fresh’s comment and say in a excitable tone “thats them! I came here when i got a tip they were on the island.” It was all starting to get clearer he then said “ maybe they somehow stole the devil fruit somehow and got lucky it helped with there theatrics.”

It was at this point the man would approach them and start talking to them billy would comment saying “yes im a marine and hes a bounty hunter friend of mine so i guess in a way hes on the side of the marines” after hearing the mans comment  causing Billy to chuckle apparently he figured out the same thing they did so billy would inform him “ were actually not on break we were in pursuit of two thieves called maxio and moritzio and just discussing the street performers. By the way im Billy nice to meet you fellow seeker of justice!”

He then turned to fresh and said “ if fruit though no telling what other abilities it has best to proceed carefully.

Last edited by Kaitos10 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Post by Ace Fresca Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:24 pm

Fresh would first take priority in dealing with the individual who had just walked up to them and began conversation. He was assuming that the two of them were affiliated with marines and on the side of justice. Fresh got a good luck at the man before proceeding. He seemed to be about Fresh's own age, though despite his slightly rough appearance he seemed to be a person that was more or less worth trusting. This was by Fresh's own ignorant judgement, of course, but by assessing the situation Fresh had no reason to not trust him. "Yeah, I'm a bounty hunter, so I'm on the right side of the law.." Billy's addition of Fresh being a trustworthy bounty hunter only added credence to Fresh's words, which he appreciated.

Fresh was listening to everything that Billy was saying and had of course heard the idea that either Maxio or Moritzio was in possession of a Devil Fruit. Fresh was still very new to the ideas of a devil fruit and had no idea of their capabilities, so he had no choice but to assume that Billy was in the right on this. Their performing abilities had been almost supernaturally charming, after all. "If you say that those street performers we have interacted with are the ones that we are looking for, and that they also have rather supernatural abiltiies, I have no choice but to agree." Fresh had no reason to not trust Billy, after all. He was an upstanding marine, and the only one that Fresh had frequently interacted with at this point.

Fresh turned to the third person now in their party, as Billy had just introduced himself to them. "I'm Fresh, by the way. Hopefully you will be able to help us take care of these two thieves." Fresh was assuming, of course, that the individual who had approached them would be interested in assisting since they had asked the two of them if they were affiliated with the Navy or not.
    Dread
    Dread

Post by Dread Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 pm

A light chuckle came out of the man's mouth when the brown-haired kid called Kouen a "fellow seeker of justice". Not in the sense of making fun of him, but it was just kind of funny in it's own way. He could get behind the kid being enthusiastic on justice though, even if there's a little hidden eccentricity in the boy's personality. He then gave a nod to the bounty hunter who introduced himself as Fresh, and stated that he's on the right side of the law as a bounty hunter. Kouen felt pretty indifferent to bounty hunters and to him, it was just another soldier that they didn't have to pay, unless they actually got the said bounties which is still reasonable on it's own.

"Likewise to you both, you can call me Kouen. I'm just a lowly Seaman of the Marines." While the two were focusing on their conversation, he decided to go for a smoke. He brought out a cigarette pack from his pocket, bringing out a singular one from the whole pack and closed it back up, placing it back into his pocket. He placed the cigarette's handle between his lips, then bringing out a lighter and positioned it close to the tip of the cigarette, clicking the red button down and creating a small fire between on the lighter and lighting the tip up before closing the lighter to put off the small flame. He went for a inhale, and placing the cigarette out of his lips, exhaled smoke before placing the cigarette back between his lips.

"Those two are criminals, eh? would explain why I've seen them somewhere before, must've been a wanted poster. I only just woke up fifteen minutes ago and I already found a wanted person... talk about timing, but whatever." he wasn't expecting to any hard work today, but he knew well enough that if those two really are wanted criminals by the Government, he can't ignore them. Despite what the two might do, he exited the quiet little place from the crowd and walked back towards where the duo were, just to find most of the crowd dispersed and the performing duo nowhere to be seen. Kouen simply just threw down the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it, wiping out the lit up smoke. "They're gone now, but we should ask the crowd. They can point us in the right direction at least."

Last edited by Dread on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:34 am

After billy heard Fresh’s comment he realized he misunderstood billy. After all they couldn’t just jump the gun and go after someone because they may be who they are after. He knew they could be potentially them so at the very least they would need to investigate. First though he figured he would correct the misunderstanding he may have caused by accident.

“Well we don’t know for sure if those performers are the thieves were after. But there strange abilities seem to fit the theme of the thieves were looking for, so at the very least that means we should investigate them.”

He then heard kouen speak and shrugged saying “ if you remember seeing them on a wanted poster kouen then i guess no need to investigate them and should just bring them in.”

He then followed kouen and saw them gone and the crowd dispering so billy went over to the nearest person and asked for directions. They sadly weren’t much help saying they had only a fuzzy recollection of where the performers went, then pointed them in a direction they thought they went. As billy talked to each person it seemed it seemed they were all effected the same way and each gave a different direction to go in.
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Post by Ace Fresca Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:50 am

Just as Fresh had introduced himself to the third person, they introduced themselves as Kouen and stepped to the side to have a cigarette whilst Fresh and Billy finished their conversation. Billy made the point that they couldn't just be hasty and try to go after the two street performers just because they seemed to be in line with the two men they were looking for. At the very least, Fresh was a bit impressed at the wisdom of the young man. "That is agreeable. At the very least, however, we could ask them some questions in order to clear that suspicion up."

Kouen, however, seemed rather sure that he had seen one or two of the same performers before on a wanted poster. Fresh crossed his arms. If only I had actually brought posters of what Maxio and Maritzo looked like, he thought to himself. This would be much less of an issue. There was no point in dwelling on that, of course, but it was something to make a note of for the future. Always have a poster of your quarry, maybe even two in case you lose one.

Fresh agreed that the next logical step was to go back to the performance and ask them some questions. Perhaps being completely aware that something was fishy with their performing would make it a bit easier to resist. Unfortunately, as they arrived on the scene, the performance had completely dispersed and only slightly confused onlookers were remaining. Every spectator they asked about where the two went gave them the same results. Either they had absolutely no idea, or they were sure that they went one direction, only for the next person to be absolutely sure they had gone a completely different direction.

"How in the world do two performers that had a crowd taking up the entire street manage to get out without a trace?" Something was definitely up. Even if these guys weren't the thieves they were looking for, they also seemed to be some tricksters somehow.
    Dread
    Dread

Post by Dread Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:05 pm

There wasn't much luck on the older marine's end, as he asked his fair share of the crowd on where the duo could've gone but like the other two, were given a mixture of directions which just proved to be fruitless on where the duo could've gone. As soon as the duo were done asking the civilians, he signalled the duo to come over to him to suggest the next course of action. He looked at the structure of the road they're currently on and luckily, it just came to a crossroads where there are only three ways to go, meaning the three of them could split up to find the duo.

"Since the citizens weren't really any help, we can only assume they at least took one of the three ways out of this street, we'll split up and go each way individually to cover more ground that way." before he would call for them to disperse however, he gave his thoughts on the mysterious abilities of the duo criminals. "Also, it seems they have some cognitive effect of alluring people towards them with their performances, I'm generally not a happy person and even they were putting butterflies in my stomach. If you see them, remember that they're criminals and fight off their effect on you."

Any chance of him taking an easy day off was ruined by this criminal duo, as much as he hated it, he couldn't shove this off to the side, especially if this duo were to be left roaming and turn out to be bigger threats later on with the ability they have. That's just something he can't leave unchecked as his duty to being a marine. He assumed that the other two got what he's saying well enough and motioned to disperse, with him taking one of the three ways out of the street.
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:53 am

Billy would look on and nod in agreement with Fresh’s comment, he was about to comment himself saying how he thought that was best course of action.  But the other marine kouen seemed sure that they were criminals he saw on a wanted poster. This did indeed leave them in a pickle but only way out was to find the performers and ask them some questions.

When they went to head back to the spot that they were originally performing though they were gone! This presented a big problem, with the crowd being now help at all how would they find the performers now? This caused billy to look on  nervously, he didn’t know what to do.  He was about to ask what there going to do now when the other marine presented a idea.

They could split up after all one person for each path but then he realized fresh wouldn’t have a den-mushi so no way to get in touch with him if they find the perfomers and vice versa. So fresh went with billy as they went down there traveled path.  Billy really hoped they would be able to find these trouble makers before they could cause any more trouble.
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Post by Ace Fresca Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:07 am

Once it was rather obvious that none of these people were going to be able to give them an answer that they needed, Fresh reconvened with the rest of the group. Fresh listened to Kouen speak and agreed almost immediately with his idea to split up. Since there was three ways to go, it made complete sense the three of them went in different directions. Fresh also completely agreed with Kouen's sentiment that this performing duo seemed to have a trick up their sleeve that allowed them to woo their audience into a feeling of enchantment. Fresh was hardly a fun person, so the fact that he was allured made him feel like something was a bit fishy.

"I agree. These may be your average thieves in every other regard, but their performance abilities have something else to them." With that, Kouen went off in one direction, and Fresh began to heard off in the direction that Billy wasn't going. Then, for a moment, he paused. "How are we supposed to contact each other if we find them?" Realizing that as marines Billy and Kouen both had access to den den mushis, Fresh realized that he had to go with one of them. Since Kouen had already left, he decided to tag along with Billy. This made him feel a bit better, as he didn't want make it seem that this young marine wasn't capable in his own right – he absolutely was and had fought beside him before – but he was still rather young.

As Fresh and Billy sallied forth, Fresh asked Billy something that he had been thinking this whole time. "Do you perhaps think that one of the two performers... either Maxio or Maritzio... has eaten one of these devil fruits as well?" Even though Billy had explain devil fruits to Fresh before, it was obvious that he knew more about it and would be able to sway Fresh's theory about their performing abilities one way or another. Fresh understood that people could turn into animals with these abilities, but perhaps there were other things they could do?
    Dread
    Dread

Post by Dread Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Kouen continued along his path towards where the duo could've possibly went, the way he took appeared to go down along a route to a shadier part of the town as the sightings of more rough-looking and shady-looking individuals started to pop up, especially since such people with these characteristics took the occasional glare at Kouen, believing that Kouen didn't see them do so. He did his best to avoid them and asked the more genuine-looking people at this side of the town for a duo that walked at this side of the town, with most of the answers not being helpful but one particular person claimed to have seen them, but tried to fish money out of Kouen for it. "A little bit of money could help jog my memory..."

He would usually just interrogate the person right there and then for withholding information from a marine, but he wasn't in the best place to exactly be starting trouble and he knew that. He coughed up the beli that the man wanted, and finally spoke up. "Actually... yeah, about thirty minutes ago, a pretty showy duo went towards the same direction you came from." he realised that must've been when the duo came to that particular spot back at the dispersed crowd, meaning the lead he was just given is a cold trail. "Dammit." he'd mutter, he continued his investigation on his end either way.

It seemed that as the minutes passed by, the street started to gradually get clear and the only people left on it were Kouen himself and a few questionable-looking characters. He could already tell that it was smelling like trouble as one of the said characters made his way towards Kouen, clearly making a gesture to catch the marine's attention. "Oi oi, we don't appreciate your kind here... you better hightail it outta here 'fore you get hurt." Kouen looked at them a lot more seriously now, any calmness that might've been on his expression before the threat was immediately gone after the threat. "You sure you want to do this? threatening a marine is a seri-" "Fuck off, I don't give a shit if you're a marine... looks like were doing this the hard way then, come on boys!" the man yelled as about three others began to draw their weapons while Kouen just stood back, looking around the street. "Seriously? where did everyone else go?" he wondered, but that didn't matter now as he was about to have a fight on his hands.
    Kaitos10
    Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:22 am

Billy would nod towards Fresh when he asked his question, saying “yes it’s possible, in fact it seems quite likely, devil fruits can do more then turn you into a animal. I only know about the animal type called zoan though, but i heard the former king of the pirates was made of rubber. “ He then headed down the road with Fresh looking for any sign of the performers.

Later they come to a old beat up tavern where they hear people performing, unaware that its the tricksters performing billy gets sucked in. As he starts to enter the tavern to check to see what is going on inside. Though sadly the performers notice them entering and quickly disguised themselves then try to draw the two in closer before attempt to blend in with the crowd.

Once in the crowd they would start trying to figure out how to best get out of here. Meanwhile billy just stands there in a daze though once the performance ends he stay in it for a few minutes before it would start to wear off. While in the dazed state he would just stand in the crowd occasionally laughing or enjoying the performance till it ends. After that he would just yawn and do nothing.
    Ace Fresca
    Ace Fresca

Post by Ace Fresca Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:22 pm

It seemed that Billy agreed with Fresh's own hypothesis that this difficult duo of performers could be in possession of one of the fruits of the devil. In that case, things were going to be a bit trickier. Tangoing with a regular bad guy was one thing, but trying to deal with someone who had supernatural abilities was another. Perhaps this ability – if it really was a devil fruit ability, they still had no proof – was the reason behind their numerous successes as criminals. "A pirate king... made of rubber?" Fresh was intrigued by Billy's last comment. "That sounds like it would be more of a curse."

The two of them kept a speedy pace down the streets of Orange Town on the hunt for their query. Perhaps in his free time later he would explore the town, as there certainly seemed to be a lot going on around them that they couldn't really interact with at the moment. The further the two went, the more it seemed that they weren't going to be in luck. However, Billy pointed out a rather bustling tavern to their right as they passed, and they decided to enter. It was more crowded than any other business on the street, and just by entering they could see why.

Two very charming and talented performers were reenacting the tragedy of two lost lovers in a very comedic fashion. "Oh Ricardo, my love," one of them wearing a mop as a wig to portray a female cried out, causing many spectators to laugh. "I want to be with you forever... but you eat too much of my cheese!!" She turned to leave. No way! Fresh silently hoped she would turn back. "I can only have so much cheese, my dear... but I cannot have enough of you!!!" The two then embraced and began to dance and sing. It was an incredibly entertaining performance! Fresh was silently captivated. Then, before he knew it, the performance was over and they were gone.

It took Fresh a minute to realize what happened, but once he did it was obvious. "It seems we were fooled again," Fresh said matter-of-factly to Billy. "And, once again, they are gone without a trace."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 am