A One Piece RP. Unleash your freeform roleplaying potential!

4 posters

Snatch Class

CondorKing
    CondorKing

Snatch Class Empty Snatch Class

Post by CondorKing Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Ki'somma Stow had felt the weather turn harsher with every minute he grew closer to Minion. A shimmering afternoon turned to rain and turned to snow, melting into the ocean all around the packed ferry, chugging through the soft storm and quickly reaching some decrepit stone docks. The boat stopped, many of its passengers disembarked, spreading out to take a look at the sights of the perpetually snowy landmass. Ki'somma was nearly the last of them all, taking stock of the island carefully, and pulling his cloak tight around his neck.

"Just a short stop for this part of the tour, folks!" the ferry's middle-aged helmsman called out, cupping his mouth for every passenger to hear. "Can't risk the boat freezing here, so get your jollies out and we'll be leaving in a few minutes!" His announcement made, he stretched his brawny arm across his pectorals. More quietly, he spoke to Ki'somma next. "Not a big fan of the weather, chief?"

"My name is Ki'somma Stow, sir,"
    he quickly corrected him. "In fact, I'm here on work, don't worry about picking me up after you leave." From a partition in his cloak, he revealed a clean bounty poster, crossed with the proof of being folded into neat fourths, the very document that Ki'somma had pulled off a corkboard. "I'll be staying until I find this man. There will be another ferry tomorrow, no?"

Bounty Poster:

The helmsman clicked his tongue, "Chief, I'm-"

"It's just Ki'somma."

"Ki'somma then. I reckon you're underestimating the evenings here. Next ferry ain't gonna be until around this time tomorrow, y'know." His eyes only casually had studied the bounty poster. The presence of a wanted figure didn't seem to perturb him at all. "Beasties and chill are gonna be more of a threat than your friend there."

The man shook his head seriously. "I think you misunderstand, sir, he's not my friend. I'm a bounty hunter, I plan to bring him to justice."

The helmsman's brow furrowed. "Yeah... picked up on that one, chie- Ki'somma, it's just a figure of speech."

"I plan to beat his ass, sir."

Checking a timepiece attached to his vest he called out to the crowd, "Enough lollygagging then! All aboard!"

"I appreciate your concern, sir."

"Bruno Fogg. Hope I see you this time tomorrow, then, Ki'somma."

The boat chugged off once more, powered by a small engine, and Ki'somma brought his cloak back up to his face. Walking across the stone dock, he headed towards the shore, and closer to his target.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Snatch Class Empty Re: Snatch Class

Post by Das Kirb Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:33 am

The cold air filled the lungs with a refreshing sensation. Frigid air always made one remember the best things in life. A warm fire and plenty of people to share it with. Perhaps some good wine and a hearty meal from a hard days work. It was a pleasant thought and one Artio embraced as the boat came to a halt. Rousing from "resting her eyes", the woman gathered her things and made towards the ramp, getting a chuckle out of the conversation that was going on between the captain and Ki'somma, as he was so adamant about pointing out.

"Suppose black and white exists but won't do ya favors in the market friend" she said beneath her breath as she passed.

Once upon the docks she rest her axe against her left on the sea soaked planks, withdrawing a small rolled up sheet of parchment. Written in plain text was "Seeking aid in the north blue, city of Minion. Must be able to follow directions to the letter and have skills dealing with undesirables. Lethal force permitted if required. Pay depends on performance. 100,000 beri for showing up and filing the paperwork to all reasonable applicants". Judging by the vague wording it was probably a thug job or menial labor. But it got her from one place to another so might as well check it out. Now. . . If only she had any damn clue where to find this place.

". . . Shit. They forgot to say where to sign up. Hey, big guy!" she shouted from the docks back towards Ki'somma. "Mind if I ask a couple questions? Mainly where I can find a map of this place or a guard barracks?"
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊

Post by Dante Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Manami was posted up in the ruins of the old town with his spoils if war, this island long deserted save for the animals and the occasional few minute tour boat meant that he was pretty safe here. After all what marine in their right mind would just wander this dangerous of a place for the slim chance of finding a criminal. Though, marines weren't the only threat out and about he supposed he wasn't so sure anyone would survive long enough to even find him with the vicious creatures about.

" Another day in paradise" Manami said with a demonic cackle after it. The woman he had with him for consort purposes was laying on the bed. He had outfitted this singular building with just enough insulation and modern amenities that it was heated and shielded from the cold. He used a small boiler system to heat it so that it gave off very little steam as he didn't want just anyone from the remnants of the dock to be able to see him on the far side of the town which was already hardly visible from the docks due to the eternal snow.

Manami lit a cigarette as he had just finished with his consort. He sat down at the small table he kept by the window to look out into the snow, there was something calming about snow. Perhaps it was his inner child that made it so. Or perhaps he just couldn't hate snow as he did many other things. Having left the new world to come hide out on minion he had a small ship docked on the opposite side of the island from the general docks meaning that almost no one would ever find the small snow covered vessel. And he could use it to come and go as he pleased. After all a man of his calibur was not even affected by hot or cold really. The only reason this place was even heated was because his ladies couldnt survive otherwise. He wanted for very little here, he could hunt even the Lupin that reigned supreme here as well as polar bears and the like for food. And for fur. And when he needed luxuries and women he just went to a near by island in disguise and picked some up.

Surprisingly being a monster made him popular enough with the ladies they didnt even out him when they realised who he was, because who could feel safe after pissing him off anyways? Probably not many even the government wasn't  too keen on going after him. His bounty wasn't for show after all. He had destroyed handfuls of battle ships here and there just for the giggles. It seemed today would be eventful, though this was unknown to him for now as he payed little mind to the people that came to the docks as they usually never made it further than that.

Once they ventured into the island however their presence would be noticed by him. After all one doesn't just wander into this island which Is what made it such a good hiding spot. Poor souls of misfortune whom happened upon this area with malice and ill intentions didn't usually leave again either by him or the animals that found humans tasty.
    Pipper
    Pipper

Post by Pipper Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:47 pm

". . . Seems to be getting colder nowadays huh?" Scorp asked, his eyes gazing at the nearby coastline. He'd been quiet the entire ride, listening as the others spoke. The bounty hunter, in particular, had said some pretty interesting things, garnering Scorps attention.

His question had been aimed at Ki'somma, though regardless of if he'd answered or not, Scorp would continue, now changing the topic- "You know... you're a pretty weird dude, coming all the way out here for a bounty. And not even some random dudes bounty either. I mean, have you looked at that poster? those aren't usually just for show"

Scorp then readjusted himself so that he wouldn't be slouched over, and fixed his gaze onto Ki'somma, letting a slight smile take shape on his face. "You're either crazy or you're famous, regardless- my name is Scorp" He chuckled, turning his gaze back over to the beaches, the ship now docked. He'd keep to himself until stepping off the boat and checking his pockets, letting out a boisterous laugh.

"Hah.. well it seems I don't have any money..." he'd announce, before turning his head and staring at Ki'somma.

Scorp could just steal some money off of the locals if he really needed to, but that fact that he'd just run out of coinage suddenly gave the pirate a sly idea. He'd suddenly let out a yell- "Hey, tell you what friend... how about I help you with your bounty hunting for a bit, and you split some of the cash with me?" Scorp chuckled, briskly making his way on over and noticing that another person, Artio had joined the conversation as well. Scorp figured he could probably mooch off of this hunter's bounty should they succeed, and that'd both give him something fun to do AND fix his temporary Beli conundrum.
    CondorKing
    CondorKing

Post by CondorKing Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Ki'somma Stow nodded to this stranger's question. Consider every tourist, but himself and another woman with a poster in her hand, had returned to the ship from the cold island, Ki'somma was watchful for potential competition. The man's insults didn't earn a response. Ki'somma needed to do this job to buy back his family's name from the debt collectors of Skypiea. Delivering this target to the World Government would be more than enough to do just that.

When the pink-haired woman began shouting questions toward him, Ki'somma was prepared to respond until the other stranger began his own line of questioning. They'd both misnamed him.

"To be explicitly clear," he'd tell them both, "My name is Ki'somma Stow." Since the man had insulted him, he addressed the woman's question first. He would approach the coastline and scan over her own poster. "Unfortunately, miss, I can't answer your question." He'd fling open his cloak, freeing both hands, bending his knees and settling into a fighting stance. "It's likely your call for help was proliferated by my target," he'd then throw the wanted poster to the ground. "And I've got no plans to assist my target, seems counterproductive, don't you think?"

Without looking away from the woman, he'd call back to the man, "You wanna work together? I just started hiring! Fifty-fifty split if you assist me in taking down Manami Street!" He'd then lower his voice, clearly leveling a threat towards the woman before him, "And all obstacles in our path. Unless of course, you're looking for a real payout."

If the woman didn't make any movements to attack or escape, Ki'somma would reveal the bounty poster to her, making special indication of the price tag. "How does one point five million beli sound, you two?" Ki'somma wasn't ecstatic about sharing any portion of his potential payout, but he'd no idea what his target was capable of, and accruing two allies instead of more enemies seemed like the proper route to take. It was the kind of path his parents would've avoided.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:03 pm

A leg reeled back to kick this man square where the sun don't shine. The level of disrespect and audacity in him could have gotten him killed many times over. Never mind the insistence on reminding her of his name, that was just annoying. Taking her papers and simply tossing it away, with a threat that's begging for an ass beating that'd leave him nothing more than a shit stain in the snow. Needless to say, anger was clear in her face.

Beside herself, she had an internal argument, forcing logic to override anger. He seemed fairly dense, or at least when it came to people. He also seemed to not quite understand what it meant to actually threaten someone. Especially someone clearly holding an axe that could cleave his scrawny ass in two. Either that. . . or he had something hidden up his sleeve" she thought. Once that crossed her mind she actually managed to put her foot down.

Artio claimed her axe, and her paper, spotting the new person and sizing him up. Judging by his stature and build, probably a manual laborer. Didn't appear to have too many scars or callouses so could be just an athlete of some kind. A simple knife at his hip so at least he carried a tool. However, he wasn't the primary interest. As Ki'somma brought up the offer her eyes first got incredulous, then curious. She could only muster a single phrase.

"Go on."
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊

Post by Dante Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 pm

Manami Turned to the girl that he had laying in the bed. "Isn't there just something calming about the snow. It doesn't make me want to slice up a battalion of marines" Manami Said with a chuckle. His dark humor was probably outside of the bounds of her comfort zone but he didn't really give a single damn for whatever she thought he was pretty content with having used her already for his purposes. "You are such a kidder" She said with a worried and obviously uncomfortable smile and chuckle. She knew full well that he wasn't kidding though, It was now that she was having some lament for falling for his 'i know this famous pirate' routine after finding out that he himself was the monster in question.

"You hungry?" Manami asked randomly turning to face her once more as she lay naked strewn across the bed with very little covering as she didn't need it in this well heated house. "Well, You did wear me out pretty good. I suppose i could use some food if you are so inclined Sir Manami" She said sheepishly. He smiled "Works just fine for me it means i get to go kill something" he said with an all too happy smile. "You would do well not to leave the house, The animals won't come to this part of the island but. The cold will kill you if you spend any amount of time in it" Manami said before pulling a butter knife off the table which was at the window where he had been sitting and smoking.

"I shall return shortly then, make yourself comfortable" Manami said before opening the first of the 2 door system he had implemented on the house. With an air wall in between as not to allow the cold to surge into the house when he came and went. After all that wasn't fuel efficient and he wasn't made of money or time to get more. Manami headed out of the house and closed the doors behind him. Locking the outside door. Not that he worried about people coming to the house. It was more to keep her inside, he didn't want her to die. After all maybe she had cute friends. That would be too good an opportunity to pass up he thought to himself with a chuckle. "I think I'll hunt some seafood today" Manami mused to himself as he walked toward the Dock with no more than his boxer shorts and His butter knife.

"Guess i could have grabbed pants. . . Though its not like anyone comes here anyway and the tour boat should have left by now for the day they never stay very long. And since its suicide to stay here over night without provisions against the cold and animals. No one would really be stupid enough to stay i suppose" Manami Said as he continued his leisure stroll towards the right side of the island. The dock was a good place to push off into the ocean, he could really go at it from anywhere. But it was more of a gimmick thing, he liked doing it it is more accurate to say. Bouncing ideas around in his head as to what he would make them. A few recipes came to mind though he wasn't sure what would be in the surrounding sea at this time of day typically he had eaten already.

"I wonder if he will really be okay out there in his boxers.... He was the one warning me about the cold. . . I guess when you are barely even able to be considered a human things like that really don't matter. she said quietly but out loud to herself.
    Pipper
    Pipper

Post by Pipper Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Scorp raised an eyebrow as the two had their little spout, Waiting patiently to be brought back up into the conversation. It wouldn't take long though, as all of a sudden, Ki'somma would call over to him. Scorps brows raised even higher as he listened to the Hunters proposal-

"Half?!..." Scorp asked curiously, recalling the pirate's written bounty from the poster. "I mean... I'd be completely down for that but, I really wouldn't have much of a need for that kind of money" Scorp muttered, turning his head slightly and crossing his arms. "Nor would I have a place to put it now that I think about it..." He'd ponder, turning his attention away from the group momentarily so as to think more on the offer. After a few seconds, he'd decided-

"Awwww screw it, I'm in!... seems like it'll be fun" He chuckled, turning back to the group just in time to see the woman, Artio get promised a share as well. Seemed like Ki'somma might just convince her yet.

"Aw guys, look at us, we're like a family already..." Scorp smiled, continuing- We're bonding.. over the prospect of ruining lives for money, its great.

Scorp let out a hardy laugh, turning to face inland. He started walking whilst Ki'somma and Artio were still talking and alerted the two by yelling- "Well, Ki'somma "Stow", I'll be going on without you for a bit. Hopefully, that Woman joins us, but regardless we should probably try and find this guy first before anything else" Scorp explained, waving as he walked-

"That's what I'm gonna go do... Cya in a second-" Scorp said, briskly strolling further inland, distancing himself from the other two a bit more.
    CondorKing
    CondorKing

Post by CondorKing Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Ki'somma Stow wanted to answer the woman's question. It seemed that she was interesting in coming aboard this cooperative effort with himself and the monkey of a man, but before he could talk any further, the latter moved from their position, running away from the shoreline of the island.

"How disappointing," Ki'somma would lament, "I at least wanted to know his full name before we started anything." Scorp's figure disappeared from within the snowstorm, and Ki'somma turned his attention towards rounding out their team.

Gesturing towards the woman, where Scorp had been and himself, Ki'somma explained his proposal to the stranger. "From the little I've witnessed, and the very fact that you're willing to work within the conditions of this island, I'd like to think you'll be an asset. If any of the three of our party manage to capture Manami Street, I suggest we divide the bounty equally. That would probably lead to some helpful cooperation," he said matter-of-factly.

Following that curt explanation, he'd begin to trudge towards the path Scorp began. "If you'd like to join Scorp and me, then please tell me your name, and stake its worth on this agreement. Otherwise, do what you wish, but getting my name back requires me to earn this beli, so I'll do everything necessary to achieve that." Assuming the woman hadn't already moved on and didn't take any action against Ki'somma, he'd begin his hike towards his name and towards his redemption.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:56 am

Artio hooked her axe on her shoulder and thought about it. A three way split was still 1.5 mil. That'd buy a whole hell of a lot.

"I'll be honest, the offer is tempting as hell, but not sure if I'm willing to hunt a man just cause he's got a bounty."

As Ki'somma began following Scorp she lingered in the back a bit, considering her options. The snow and wind was biting at her exposed legs and arms something fierce. But it was at least tolerable. finding herself alone now she hung her head for a moment. Once a choice was made she set off after the other two.
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊

Post by Dante Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Manami now settled on approximately what he would try to find and cook had his head cleared of ideas and with his mind cleared of distractions and thoughts noticed Human life forces at the dock that were headed into the snow, Had the marines found him? No not likely, he had made it very clear to his lovely ladies that were they to rat him out to the government the blood of all those soldiers with families would be on their hands. And they were the only ones that knew he was here and that he lived on this island. Were they shipwrecked? It would be odd that they were around the same time the boat would have been here letting people take a look at the island of snow because some islands around this area didn't experience snow it was kind of a sight to behold he figured was the allure. Though they aught to have been told by the man that Staying here over night was suicide even for the most experienced survivalist. "Poor souls don't stand a chance, i can feel how flimsy they are from here." Manami said

Were they people who Had they been left behind by the Tour boat? not likely, he had tried to stow away once and the captain had picked him out as someone who hadn't come to the island with him. Luckily he is a magnificent liar and managed to sell that he was ship wrecked there. The captain let him catch a ride back to a nearby island so that he could stock up supplies and he simply headed back on a different tour a day or so later and disappeared into the cold the guy was on the up and up he didn't think he would abandon someone here to die. Perhaps they had wandered too far into the snow and he was having an off day and didn't notice? While possible it didn't seem like it.

The excitement now welling up inside him ready to burst, it wasn't very often he got visitors and even less often that he was distracted enough to not notice right away that someone had come to the island, after all his Observation was enough to cover this whole island and then some. And when he was paying attention even better. This did raise the question what they were doing here. And how they planned to survive. This question and many more intrigued him and it wasn't likely this level of person was here to hunt him. Though, he supposed the odds of anyone recognising him from a nearly 20 year old wanted poster with a 10 year lapse of activity was super low it was still possible, though.. if they were here for that he could just kill them. ."This will make a fun side quest" Manami thought with a Chuckle that would chill the bones of anything faster than even the half meter of snow that was typically on the ground here. Manami picked up his pace and headed towards the docks on an intercept course with the stragglers.

It was convenient for him he had already been headed to the docks Because that cut down his travel time to get to them, but being impatient he decided to pick it up even more. Well. There was one sure fire way to find out what was going on though. He thought before he broke into a short sprint which let him traverse the island in mere seconds until he ran into the first of them that had ventured into the snow. "You would all do well to cover your ears with no delay" Manami shouted loud enough that they would all be able to hear him. The three of them weren't that spread out now as the stragglers had started to catch up to the first one Scorp as he would come to be known to Manami more than likely.

Manami clapped his hands together with such force That the snow would seem to stop for a moment what it really was was that he created a shock wave that had pushed the snow and even the snow clouds apart for A few moments where he could clearly see and size up these three. He did this this way because even for him seeing in this thick snow was a pain and not worth his effort this was a much quicker and more decisive way to see them as the sun now shone through the usually thick cloud cover and they could now see each other clearly. Accompanying this shock wave that they would clearly feel in their bodies hitting them with enough force to knock the air out of their lungs they would also be assaulted with a Monumental sound that would be unmistakably comparable to if you were standing in a cloud during a thunder storm and a massive thunder boom went off right next to your head that could shatter ear drums like paper mache in a hurricane. Which is why he had warned them to cover their ears, he didn't want to murder anyone today without reason after all the snow was calming.

Manami sized the group up as they were shone on by the light and noticed to males and a female, With indifference he noticed the men but the woman. Man did he like women, they were soft and squishy and Usually smelled nice and were hella fun to play with. He noticed that she was a red head was wearing cut off shorts and a tank top and that her nipples were hard enough to cut sea stone from the cold. He also noted that she had probably about 20 minutes tops before she succumb to malignant frost bite if she hung around in that get up. The men seemed more survival minded as they were dressed In coats at least. He also noticed that the woman was quite supple and attractive. He would have to invite her to dinner as well to try procure evening company to go with his afternoon company that was waiting for him back at the house.

As they would notice him as he was clear as day with the snow gone for the moment they would also notice his manifested aura which to them would seem like a mountain of malicious intent. If any of them were particularly gifted in smell they would also get a hard wiff of the Thick blood odor that was stained into his very skin from years of blood shed. The clouds soon re-accumulated and it was snowing again. Manami leaned in really closely to scorp where their faces were almost touching so that they could see and hear each other. "You get left behind by the boat on accident?" Manami asked the first of many questions he had thinking that the snow would look lovely with a coat of red but quashed the thought for a moment.

This close they could probably feel the pressure of his presence manifest, He was basically not even considered human by most people that met him and spent any length of time with him and though his capability hadn't dulled in his down time he sure had lost his intent being on this calming island all this time. He did still have new lingering thoughts on dinner now that he was at the face of the oddity that had his excitement blooming for the first time in a long time. Today was just going to be full of surprises he was sure of it.
    Pipper
    Pipper

Post by Pipper Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Things escalated pretty quickly after Scorp had strolled off. First, there was a thunderous yell, something about "covering his ears", followed immediately by a huge "boom", which shook everything in sight. Everything became momentarily clear, the falling snow disappearing entirely for a few seconds. On a more painful note, that "boom" also threw Scorp backward with immense force, smashing his body up against a nearby tree.

". . . What the hell . . ." Scorp muttered through various huffs of air as he raised himself off of the ground and back onto his feet, his knees buckling from the vibrations still passing through his body.

The snow began to fall again, though Scorp had now managed to catch the glimpse of an eerie individual, slowly approaching him through the blistering cold in seemingly nothing but his tighty whiteys. Soon, he'd be right up in Scorps face.

"Eh... not really... I'm actually looking for somebody" Scorp answered, letting out a faint smile, which served to mask his immense caution. Only having caught a glimpse at the Bounty Poster from before, he couldn't be completely sure that this was Manami, but he had a slight hunch. Regardless, if this did turn out to be his target, he figured it'd be better to wait for Ki'somma to arrive. Scorp was a curious one though, and figured- "well, what the hell, I should just confirm it". And so he did, or at least he attempted to-

"... So uh, who are ya stranger?... this place is a bit dangerous, what with the random shockwaves and all" Scorp chuckled, hoping that Manami would confirm his suspicions, or at least carry on the conversation.
    CondorKing
    CondorKing

Post by CondorKing Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Ki'somma Stow quickly came upon the scene between Scorp and what looked to be Manami Street. Despite his initial intentions, every cell in Ki'somma's body was telling him to escape his current situation. Mixed in with that feeling, Ki'somma's nose scoped out a very familiar scent.

"Is somebody injured?!" he shouted, staying a fair distance between Scorp and their target. "My name is Ki'somma Stow, and I have medical training!" he would announce, gesturing towards himself with one arm revealed from his cloak.

It was true that as a bounty hunter, it was clear very little could be done by Ki'somma. It was also true that he'd completely underestimated the man known as "Loose Lips." More than both realizations was the understanding that where he smelled blood, there was almost certainly injury.

If someone needed help, as a result of any injury, Ki'somma would readily approach and do what he could to help alleviate their pain.

Beyond just seeking out those who might be injured, Ki'somma felt some duty to protect the pair he'd invited into this suicide mission. "Scorp, do you see anybody in need of our care?"

His plan was to simply pose themselves as a group of medics. If Manami Street bought their scheme and welcomed their help, they might have a chance to take him. If he decided some doctors were beneath his notice, then that'd be for the best as well.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:22 am

The scent came on the wind, an acrid smell mixed with salt and copper. It reminded Artio of a wounded beast. She sniffed the air once before something was shouted, not quite understood. Shortly after the world went bright and the stinging air itself seemed to become hostile. A thunderous boom shook her followed by a surge of wind and snow. Artio was knocked to her knee, catching herself only by her axe in the ground lest she fall completely flat.

The following seconds were a myriad of actions. Ki'somma was already looking for injured. Good reaction. Scorp, on the other hand, seemed just as dumb struck as she was. A quick scan showed him slumped against a tree before reclaiming himself. After her companions were accounted for Artio scanned herself. She was freezing, but not injured it seemed. Her entire side and back stung and the cold bite seemed to do no favors in helping her catch her breath once more. Still, she pushed off, getting to her feet and claiming her weapon, spinning to stare at who she could only fucking guess was their target.

As Scorp made introductions Artio took this chance to look over this man. Unfortunately the distance made visual confirmation difficult. All she could make out was a rather well built man dressed in. . . in. . . fucking boxers? That was revealing. Either this man was insane or he had a reason like she. The smell told yet another story. None of them were bleeding, so that meant the smell was him. Smoke, sweat, blood, and. . . and a woman? The thought was catalogued if it became relevant. At this moment, she simply waited and tried desperately to get her wind back and keep enjoying the cold instead of feeling like a dipshit.
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊

Snatch Class Empty The information Gathering Phase

Post by Dante Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:09 pm

"Well, i definitely shouldn't have clapped so hard at least" Manami said in kind of a mumble it seemed the one in the front of him was looking for someone, that was odd considering anyone who would have asked the tour captain would have known this was an uninhabited island overrun with dangerous creatures that lurked in the snow. Had someone sent him here to die? He supposed this would be the place to send someone who was a nuisance because without preparation it was pretty much guaranteed that they would die before the boat came back in the morning. "Afraid you won't find anyone but me here. The village on this island has been abandoned for quite a long time. Between the vicious creatures and the climate no one stayed." Manami said thinking back trying to figure out exactly how long it had been since he heard this place was abandoned. . It was far enough back that he forgot at least.

The second one seemed to be looking for injured people? Well. he wouldn't find those either. Seems they were all sent on some sort of wild goose chase.  The one in front of him inquired however to whom he was. He certainly didn't want to really know who he was because then he would have to kill the two in front of him and leave only the lady, he didn't like to kill ladies, of course he would. He had no reservations to speak of if it came to that however he preferred to Have them as Sexual partners and then be rid of them. Enough of that thought though, for now anyways. "I am just the soul hermit that inhabits this island. When i heard it had been long abandoned it was the perfect place to set up residence. Aside from the tours usually people get killed by the animals here very quickly so that i can live out my life in peace with only the company i choose time to time" Manami said

Not caring that he was giving away that someone lived here because like he always told his lovely consorts. If he were discovered here it wouldn't even matter. He would just paint the snow and waters red with the blood of whoever came after him, even a Yonkou would be hard fought to get to destroy him Let alone a measly deployment of warships from the weakened marines. "The woman with you yours?" Manami asked the one that he had been conversing with, He wouldn't want to foul anyone there were plenty of fish in the... Sea. Right, dinner. Hmm. Well he was sure she could wait awhile while he had some fun right? Like Lamb to the slaughter as they say. "Or perhaps she is with the Medic?" Manami said turning his gaze to the one shouting about looking for wounded. What was up with that? He didn't think there would actually be someone able to be healed here if they got attacked by one of the beasts here they would pretty much die instantly.

These three didn't have to worry about the creatures right now of course, none of them would dare come within eyesight of Manami they knew all too well to stay the hell away from that monster. He Only took what he needed for food and fur and didn't always hunt on the island sometimes he would go buy groceries with his vast stores of fortune from his life of piracy which was hidden around the island in dens and buried beneath the snow and frozen ground so that people wouldn't come across it easily. He could always get to it if he needed it though. He had put pieces of Vivere card in the containers in which he kept the treasure and money that way he could always find them even if he were to forget. "At the very least i can say for sure you were led astray, if you came here looking for someone. Someone sent you to your death. No one who has come here has ever survived the full time waiting on the boat to come back for them." Manami said thinking back to the many corpses that he had come across buried in the snow when he had first come to this island he had since buried them.

Now that he was in full swing of conversation he realized that he was still out here in his boxers. Well, that was probably weird to them. . . maybe they hadn't noticed? Maybe they were just too polite to say anything? Well in any case that girl of theirs was running out of time minute by minute. Hmm what to do what to do, he didn't make habit of sleeping with corpses or Popsicles that did put him in quite the predicament. "well, In any case. She doesn't have long in that get up, she will likely freeze to death in about 18 minutes, Did you guys have any real plan for surviving here? I mean... a medic is a good precaution but since most of the beasts here can kill in 1 strike its a pretty useless one anyways." Manami asked the questions flowing out of him like water now that he was talking.
    Pipper
    Pipper

Post by Pipper Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:55 pm

The almost naked man answered Scorp, But his vagueness served to only further pique Scorp's curiosity. The man was very clearly hiding something, However, Scorp decided not to try and push his luck. If he was hiding his identity, it was likely for one reason or another, So he decided to simply leave it at that and promptly addressed the man as "Mr.Hermit".

"Well then Mr.Hermit, I'm Scorp Tavian- A pirate- or that's what the government calls me anyways" Scorp announced, a slight smile on his face as he turned to face his two comrades, who had just arrived (though he could only barely make them out through the ongoing storm). It seems that while they were together, they had apparently decided to put on a "medic" routine. "That's probably a good idea" Scorp initially thought, before hearing the words of the hermit. Nobody lives on this island, so why would medics be needed. Scorp let out an inaudible sigh, deciding to play along anyway, fully aware of how unrealistic this act had become.

"Yeah Ki'somma" Scorp started, before pointing at himself. "Me" Scorp joked, still sore from the sudden shockwave which had blown him back. From then on, Scorp decided to stay quiet, listening intently as the conversation continued. He only broke his silence once to respond to the man's question, simply saying- "Nah" before shutting his yap once more. Eventually, they arrived at (probably) the most pressing matter, the cold. The man seemed to express some kind of pity towards Artio, the woman in their group, for her lack of clothes. That was despite the fact that he himself was only in his underwear, a fact that Scorp pointed out to him.

"Well, I'm sure if we get a fire going or something, she'll be alright... you on the other hand..." Scorp paused, removing his red coat, and shaking off a few layers of snow that had built up on it. "Could probably use this" Scorp finished, holding out his coat and offering it to Manami as a way to cover himself from the immense cold.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 am

Stepping back towards Ki'somma Artio kept her eyes affixed to the man before them. She reached out and retreived the bounty poster from him before breaking gaze just long enough to look at it. Sure enough, it was him. Unfortunately there was no mistaking it. From the view he was giving it was impossible to even deny it, and she so wanted to deny it. Had she known this fucker was out here looking for someone who could create shock waves by clapping she'd have simply told him to get bent.

The hamster in her head started running full speed. This man was more interested in talking, for now at least that was a great thing. A few options came to mind almost instantly. The first was work out some way to have him come with them. Perhaps turn him in at a small outpost simply to help him spring later. Shit, if the outpost was shitty enough he could do it himself. Another was the simple fact he was outnumbered. Shock waves tended to mitigate that but it was valuable information. And they had weapons. The last was a long shot but it involved basically convincing him to just give a piece of proof of his death. Maybe something convince him more won't be sent if he fakes it?

As the gears were spinning the cold once again bit into her. A nagging voice told her to feel the snow through paws, and to hunt. Hell, even the blood on this man was inciting it. Not a great idea though. Especially not with others around. People got hurt when she fought like that. Sadly, that person might be her considering this naked bastard.

Returning the poster she finally spoke up. Her voice shivering slightly but maintaining a semblance of dignity. "I've been through worse. Granted, I was promised a job when I got here. Didn't expect to find the place empty." She paused to rub her arms and legs a bit. "And beasts aren't much of an issue. Especially if ya get to know em. That said, you got a point about the cold. Don't figure you've a shelter round here? Got some jerky and now probably frozen ale I can split for the hospitality."
    Dante
    Dante
    十一番隊

十一番隊

Post by Dante Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Minami looked over the one in front of him, he called himself a pirate. Well, he wasn't a smart pirate because he had come here to die. Manami couldn't help but chuckle a little about the one in front of him asking for the medic to help him, he probably needed it after colliding with that tree. It seemed he was offered a coat now, and that made him remember he was in his boxers. "I appreciate the sentiment but she needs it far more than i do" Minami said gladly taking the coat and bringing it over to the girl in their party. It seemed she had come here looking for work. And was willing to barter him for shelter... well he didn't care for the jerky and loved ale, but that also reminded him he was supposed to be fishing right now. He supposed worst case scenario he could offer them shelter though the one he had talked to previous seemed to think he could get a fire started in 40 below weather with a half meter of snow on the ground. that would be impressive at the very least. perhaps he was a devil fruit user?

That could spice up the festivities for the day "Well, While i do have a shelter I am not a hermit because i love company. Though for you I suppose i could make a concession. Don't get many females around these parts." Manami said. While he was lying about not having female company around these parts he also kind of wasn't they came here FOR his company and of his own accord random company was almost non-existent and females even less so coming here of their own convolution. He wrapped the jacket around the girl. " I was just on my way to go get dinner, I suppose catching a little extra won't kill me. At the very least you won't starve then. Regardless of whether i can offer my hospitality to all 3 of you as my hut is very small." Manami said and blew a kiss at the girl from very close so that she would see him.

Manami Headed back towards the dock "if you like your chances with the beasts you can stay here. Though i don't think you will find that you will get to know them" Manami said and motioned for her to come with him not really caring what happened to the other two. Males weren't even on his radar. He still hadn't entirely decided on a recipe that he was to make for dinner, he supposed anything would do. He was leaning towards Turtle because he could make a stew to feed himself his company and these three at least and then he could see if they really could measure up to the challenge of this island. Well, the two men anyways he would certainly house the girl in exchange for that feminine touch.

"Hopefully there's some good fixins in the water today. I am leaning towards turtle. That makes a fine stew and is plentiful for company that i apparently have here." Manami said with another chuckle that would chill even this island of ice and snow.
    Pipper
    Pipper

Post by Pipper Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 pm

The man, to Scorps surprise, turned down his offer and instead handed the coat off to the woman. It truly was freezing on the island and the simple fact that the man, in his underwear, would refuse to clothe baffled him, if only temporarily. He quickly shrugged it off, however, rubbing his hands together to generate some heat before following after Manam, who had begun to walk off-

"Trust me, I ain't one to skimp out on a free meal. . . And I'd much prefer to stay in an actual shelter than to try and start a fire out here" he responded, chuckling slightly before looking around. With all the talk of beasts and whatnot, he was beginning to think maybe it was a better idea to stay on the ferry, however interesting the situation may have been. "Welp, we better get on after him yall" Scorp yelled, calling out to Ki'somma and Artio to get a move on.
    Das Kirb
    Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 am

Artio took the coat and covered her shoulders with it. While she didn't want to admit it openly, she couldn't help but show her gratitude against the cold. The wind was starting to threaten frostbite unless she let her wolf run or got somewhere warm. That said, the legs were still freezing, but at least the major organs were taken care of.

As the man spoke she paid special attention to his voice patterns. The inflection of cruelty that was either intentional and rather scary, or unintentional and downright terrifying made her skin crawl. The thought crossed her mind why he was being gracious, and that made the little buggers skitter across her flesh like so many beetles. "Let me warm up a bit and I can be out of your hair. A fire and a hole in the ground is all I need. I just didn't prepare for survival due to job offer"

Half of her was telling the truth. If she could be alone she'd let her wolf roam and crash anywhere it pleased. If this was uninhabited then all the better. Otherwise she'd have to tip her hand, and likely die in the process. A prospect that wasn't appealing to anyone involved. However, depending on the meal, and how "dinner" goes, she may have to ignore the skittering bastards her mind's making up and just do the deed for a payday. Enough money and she'd never have to see him again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 pm